Thursday, March 25, 2010

Rafting and Jumping the Nile :)




This past weekend most of the USP clan all headed to Jinja to raft on the Nile rapids and bungee jump into the Nile waters.

It was great! The water was like bath water, so you weren't freezing everytime you jumped or got tossed in... The clouds against the bright blue sky were unreal, the sunburns on our faces and super white legs (due to wearing skirts all semester) are just now starting to blister :P... The rapids were extreme, I got caught under the boat a couple times, and there was even complementary beer at the end!! OH BOY WHAT A DAY!

The next morning was bungee jumping! I woke up, took a look at the 144 ft jump...and debated whether or not it was worth the 55 bucks...Long story short, I jumped! It was one of the most amazing feelings I have experienced in a long time :). I wasn't really that nervous. Standing on the edge..and not being able to touch the bar above me that kept you from falling too soon kind of worked my nerves up a bit though. I kept looking down at the Nile, and the guy kept saying, ok, you can stop looking down now. haha. It went as fast as a count to three from the worker guy, and a leap out into the air with out stretched arms. Free falling went by soo fast before I hit the water and was pulled back up. When you come back up you swing over the water for a bit before some rafters below pull you down and unhook you. It makes you feel as if you are a hostage being taken into custody :P. I would definately do it again.



Before jumping you sit in this seat at the tower where they wrap a towel around both of your feet, and binding them together through wraping the rope around the towel. I was thinking...sweet, a towel and rope is what will be keeping me from dying :P.




Wahoo for being short and not able to touch the bar :P




Oh...and we didnt drink the beer for those who were wondering. :P

8 comments:

  1. You are sooooo brave! WOW! I'd never have the guts to jump! It's awesome that you have these amazing experiences that others do not. I love you! And I love that you've been enjoying the Shins!

    btw, you may want to change your font color here...the light blue on green makes it hard to read. I had to highlight it to see, like a secret spy message :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooookay. So NOW it pops up with a blue background. Silly computer.I can totally read your post now so NM the last part of that comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAWWWW! Megan!!!I'm so glad that I wasn't there watching! Just reading about it made my palms all sweaty and my blood pressure rise!!!

    After I calmed down my heart rate, I have to say that I am glad that you did it. You are soooo brave.

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. WWWAAAAHHH!! I'm jealous!! That is the sweetest experience ever. I'm so stoked for you. :) And I'm glad you didn't die. Should have taken the beer though. ;) Jk, jk. Love you!!! Keep blogging, because when you stop I feel like you're lost in Africa. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man.. Again I say.. I choose you for my Amazing Race partner. You can do all the crazy stuff and I'll just watch.. So pretty much you will just carry us the whole way. You are so crazy, ridiculously awesome! Wow.. I am super glad you get to experience all this.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is amazing Megan!!!!!! Sounds like you had a blast. Don't think I could have jumped though, way to scary o_O Such an awesome adventure though, can't wait to hear more :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds exciting to me...where do I sign up?!

    Megan, thought you might want to check out this blog, if you haven't already seen it:
    http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So allie just posted this link on her blog (which I faithfully follow) and your blog is awesome! Your adventures are incredible! Following. Hope you have fun tomorrow with Allie!

    ReplyDelete