Friday, August 21, 2009

6 am.

My family is coming with Lindsey today around 5!

Plans that they don't know about...

1. Frozen yogurt with toppings and the Campus sub shop :)

2. Moving in Lindsey into her dorm room which I have already seen :)

3. Shopping?

4. Touring the campus..

5. Dinner!

6. Riding Elephants

7. random surprises...ha

(if you didn't know, 6. is not real)

Today I learned about God's rest.

“HE MAKES ME LAY DOWN IN GREEN PASTURES.”
ps. 23:2

Yesterday I was tired, going, and moving for no reason….my mind was jogging and running in so many directions…my soul was so uptight. My mind was soo gahhh. But Somewhere between all of that, I finally just stopped…layed down on my dorm floor and rested. Listened to my heart beat start beating normally and listened… and was reminded that rest is good. That God is good.

GREEN PASTURES ARE NOT NORMAL.

The shepherd himself has to come in and water it, take out the rocks…work.

Jesus on the cross. Nails driven through his hands and feet, body whipped, face spat on... He has created green pastures for us to rest in His grace :). A gift with a mighty cost not for us...but from him because he truly does love us..

My questions? Why did it have to be done this way? Why did Jesus have to die on a cross? How can I live this out as a reality over a story that I feel like I have to convince myself of? How do I live getting everything that God has truly done for me...and be thankful..?

.............................................................................................................................................

“The sheep doesn't understand how the oil that the shepherd annoints their head with repels the flies. The sheep doesn’t understand how it heals the wounds. In fact, all the sheep knows is that something happens in the presence of the shepherd. And that’s all we need to know as well.”
- Safe in the Shererd's Arms

LORD, I GIVE MYSELF TO YOU; MY GOD, I TRUST YOU.”- (Ps. 25:1-2)


I REST.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear about what God's doing in your life. Understanding all that God has done for me is a journey that I have only begun. I encourage you to ask God at the end of every day to show you just how much he has done for you on that day, and write it down. Then look back at all of it at the end of the week, and trust me, you'll be amazed.

    Riding Elephants, haha!

    ReplyDelete