Thursday, January 14, 2010

Camping in Africa!











Who said there is no such thing as camping in Africa ?! ...I know I did before coming here :P






This morning there was an eclipse. By looking through layered film strips we were able to see a direct ring of the sun! It looked like someone put the ring off of Lord of the Rings in the sky. Soo cool, and it only happends like once every 10 years.
My family looking at the eclipse and can you see the many little moon shadows on the building?!?

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...it took a while to see the little moons...aren't people worried about snakes and really creepy big spiders that come out to eat a leg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate snakes. Watch out for Black Mambas! They are the only snake that are not afraid of humans! Most snakes attack humans because they are trying to defend themselves, but Black Mambas will attack you because they want to eat you! I bet the stars are amazing, when you don't have a lot of electricity to ruin it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved all of the posts Meg! Glad to see you are doing well and having a good time. I miss you! Still no baby....working on it real hard though. LOTS of walking around the neighborhood (today I walked for two hours!) Keep writing, I always look forward to reading :-D

    ReplyDelete