Wednesday, January 13, 2010

not enough time!

Today is Wed. the 13th and there is a problem... I want to blog about Africa all the time! But I hardly get a chance and the time too! So there are a pile up of events and stories that I am afraid are going to get lost if I don't write them down..but literally can't! So what do I do?!?

Since I don't have a lot of time, I am thinking that from here on out I will simply pick an event or topic and share it rather then trying to summarize everything. Above is a video (sorry its dark, or electricity went out) of my Ugandans family prayer and worship time that I get to join in.

I love it. There is no awkwardness, like who is going to pray..am I praying to long...too much..not at all....what am I going to say... I didn't pray haha but just their reverance to God puts me in awe. Charles who stays at the house as he is going to school knows the most english of the family, so as papa Joseph prayed, Charles translated for me in English. He started out with repentance as we have all fallen short. Then followed, was prayers of thanksgiving. The rain. Food. Safe journey to and from school. Good health. We finished with the worship song above-- Tunamusinza Nga Yesu - Aleluaia, Amina-- Which means, I will worship you always Jesus- hallelujah, amen-- (I think). But everything was so rich. And the way they speak their words are very genuine and ...rich.

Wed. is my busiest schedule.

8:30-10:30 is health and wholeness

11-1:00 African traditional religions

2-3 Intercultural missions ministry emphasis class

3-400 Faith in action

5-6 orientation.

phew!! I am pooped!.. Its hard doing school and sitting in class when you are in Africa. But at least we get to learn about Africa.

The video is uploading right now, but I have to walk home before it gets dark, so I don't know if it will upload in time. Sorry if its not there!

And yes on the short call and the long call. I have never heard it before, so when my host mom ask me which one I was going to take, I had no idea until she explained it. :P

3 comments:

  1. Hey Megan! The video didn't work, so if you get some time you should try posting it again! It sounds awesome! Love you and miss you!

    Much Love,
    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have time to blog much, but at least you posted! It's another way to let us know that all is well. And it sounds as if all is quite well! I'm glad.
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to see the video. PS. Don't get sick, or you'll be going on long call often!

    ReplyDelete