Monday, January 25, 2010

New Eyes and His Truths


"God is sooo good! He takes our earthly views and emotions towards life trials and turns our focus towards his heavenly perspective. We only have to ask for eyes to see. I forget that I am blind without Him."- Yesterdays facebook status :P
-So my last blog was definately about my great feelings of homesickness. However, I praise God as I can say that he has completely heard my cry and has greatly changed my view on Ugandan life.
- That friday night as I got home exhausted, I took a bucket bath and waited til 9:30 pm when the food is usually ready. I didn't feel like talking and trying to communicate a lot that night... so I didn't. I just ate in silence..(as its pretty normal here anyways). I felt like going staight to bed but my Ugandan papa said that we were going to have a prayer meeting first.

-He shared Isaiah 44:1-5. Usually as we have prayer meetings they are half in Lugandan so that others in the family could completely understand as well. However...tonight it was different. He broke the 5 verses down all in English as he focused on me. The longer he continued on the more piercing were the words to my heart. And when he had me read it... I knew it was God truths tugging at my heart at that moment. Not to mention that the rest of the family fell asleep in the middle of his breaking down of scripture haha.

-" The Lord says, listen now, Israel, my servant, my chosen people, the desendents of Jacob. I am the Lord who created you; from the time you were born, I have helped you. Do not be afraid; You are my servant, my chosen people whom I love. "I will give water to the thirsty land and make streams flow on the dry ground. I will pour out my spirit on your children and my blessing on your desendents. They will thrive like well-watered greass, like willows by streams of running water, one by one, people will say, 'I am the Lord's'. They will come join the people of Israel. They will each mark the name of the Lord on their arms, and call themselvevs members of God's people." -Isaiah 44:1-5


-Since friday night, I have been craving rice and beans instead of having to force them down. :)

-This weekend a few of us got to go to Kampala, the big city here and visit Watato church. A good sermon on waiting for God to come back and reminder of what we are called to do as his people as we wait in hope. I also think God granted me a special treat of having a nice big green salad and a iced carmel latte after church while visiting with Jonathan Beggs. :)


- We also had a small dance party on the drive back to Mukono to the song, 'Im trading my sorrows' (if thats the name) :P So much fun with my Ugandan friend Nester as well!

From the right side of the table around the order goes, Nester (Awesome Ugandan friend), me, Jonathan Beggs, Paul, (aw man, I forgot her name), and American friend Jenna.
"God is sooo good! He takes our earthly views and emotions towards life trials and turns our focus towardss his heavenly perspective. We only have to ask for eyes to see. I forget that I am blind without Him."


*Weekend highlights...God opening my eyes...bought stuff to make smores with my Ugandan Fam...my siblings danced for me. They are soo crazy!! This morning, my little one year old sister Docus let me feed her for the first time and getting to wear mashed banana this morning :P... and today I am getting my hair braided :D
-Thanks sooo much for following my blog! Miss you all :)


5 comments:

  1. Go Megan go! I really enjoy reading about your family prayer times and bible readings. One day I'm going to lead my family in those, and I wish more Americans did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. I think about you every day here. Miss you so much Meggie Moo Moo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post, Meg!!!It is so crazy wonderful how God is meeting all of your needs.I love you!
    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan!! I was(AM!) praying so hard for you this past week! God is so awesome and so are you! Because you have blond hair that's braided. Love you super duper incredibly much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great that you're enjoying your adventures! I look forward to reading your new posts...I check nearly every day. :)

    ReplyDelete